วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 18 Oct 2023
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 18 Oct 2023
Non – Immigrant Visa (O – A) Long Stay retirement (up to 1 year)
Purpose of visit : This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years or over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period NOT exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited.
1. must be at least 50 years of age (on the day of submitting application);
2. not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979);
3. must have no criminal record in Thailand and the country of the applicant’s nationality or residence;
4. must have the nationality of or permanent residence in the country where application is submitted;
5. must NOT have prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis,
third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535;
6. must have a health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for covid-19 disease with the total sum insured of USD 100,000 or EUR 100,000 per policy year.
– Applicant may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at www.longstay.tgia.org
7. prohibited from engaging in any gainful employment in Thailand.
Required documents :
1. Actual Passport or Travel Document.
(must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
2. Colour photograph (size 3.5×4.5cm)
– Photograph must have a light color background.
– Full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
– Photos must be taken within 6 months.
3. Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from Iran to Thailand.
(The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.)
4. Bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing
– a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 1,200,000 Baht; or
– an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 100,000 Baht; or
– a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 1,200,000 Baht.
– In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank
(an original copy) is required.
5. Medical certificate (must be notarized) showing no prohibitive diseases
as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535)
certificate shall be valid for not more than three months.
6. Criminal record
– Letter of verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record
– verification have to valid for not more than three months
7. Insurance – Applicant must have a health insurance for the duration of stay, with coverage for covid-19 disease with the total sum insured of USD 100,000 or EUR 100,000 per policy year.
8. All supporting materials must be in English.
Validity of a visa :
– Multiple entry = 1 year
– A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance.
– Do not apply for the visa too early.
– If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply.
Recommendations for foreigners with Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) while staying in Thailand
1. Upon arrival, holder of this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for 1 year from the date of first entry.
2. At the end of the 90-day stay, the foreigner must report to the immigration officer in his
or her residence area and report again every 90 days during his or her stay in Thailand.
The foreigner may report to the police station if there is no immigration office in his or her residence area.
3. Foreigner may report to the competent authority by post and should provide the following :
– A report form (Tor Mor 47)
– A copy of passport pages showing the foreigner’s photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp
– A copy of the previous receipt of acknowledgement.
– A self-addressed envelope with postage affixed.
– Such documents must be sent to
Immigration Division 1
120 Moo 3, Government Center B,
Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi,
– and must be submitted 7 days before the end of every 90-day period.
– A receipt of acknowledgement will be given and should be used for future correspondence.
4. Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at
the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account
in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 1,200,000 THB OR an income
certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 1,200,000 THB.
A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the
foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements.
Please note :
Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents
as deemed necessary and also reserve the right to reject any application
without having to provide reason.
Office Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 08:30-12:00 and 13:00-16:30 (Except public holidays)